7th February 2020
‘Draw-Stitch-Paint’: A workshop combining a mixture of contemporary textile skills to create images inspired by the beautiful Exmoor Countryside where I live. With supplied images, you will learn how to transfer these images on to fabric, to then work into them with applique of traditional tweeds and country themed prints. You will also use free machine embroidery to interpret drawn lines and then use some hand painted finishing touches, to complete something which you could admire framed, or use for fashionable cushion fronts. This class is suitable for the intermediate to the advanced, you will explore applique and free machine embroidery.
Required Equipment to complete the class:
- Machine threads: black or a dark brown / grey
- White tacking thread
- Hand sewing Needles
- Scissors: paper scissors, sharp fabric & small embroidery
- Sewing machine with a ‘free motion embroidery / darning’ sewing option (even the most basic machines now come with a plate to cover the feed dogs so you can free hand stitch, so you do not need any high tech machine) don’t forget either the darning foot or embroidery foot to use when free hand embroidery.
- Important! Spare needles for your sewing machine (just in case; if you are experimenting with free machine embroidery anticipate a broken needle)
- Optional: Small iron and pressing mat, although there is an iron to use but if you like to keep work at your desk you may prefer to bring your own.
Note: you will be hand painting so don’t wear your best clothes and possibly bring an apron to protect your clothes during this process.
Cost : £35.00 plus £8.00 materials
10am – 4pm